To kick-off the series are these vibrant Rainbow Waffles! I've made a few recipes already on this blog around the rainbow theme; Rainbow Spring Rolls and Rainbow Banh Mi. Rainbows, they just make you smile. All those colors together turn a sour plum into a sugar plum! And since a rainbow is nature's gift it goes perfectly with that beautiful pocket garden in a glass next to it.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 drops yellow food coloring
- 2-3 drops red food coloring
- 2-3 drops blue food coloring
- 2-3 drops green food coloring
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberries or syrup.
Belgian waffles recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
Sombra Verde is this little company that makes lovely terrariums owned by my friend, Rosanna. She tells me that apart from the obvious aesthetic reasons why you would want to keep these cute arrangements is the many health benefits it offers. Indoor plants help prevent fatigue and colds, improves sleep and they are also natural humidifiers. Just a few of the reasons why these beauties should be in your home now.
Mobile no.: 0917-800-7674