Grilled Cheese and Basil Sandwich with Truffle Honey
This is recipe #2 of the Oster Kitchen Conversations with Patty Laurel-Filart and Sinfully Sabrina. An easy and oh-so flavorful sandwich! By the way, I made my own truffle honey here. I was lucky enough to be given a bottle of truffle paste from my brother, Chico (THANK YOU CHICO!). It was just a matter of mixng 1 Tbsp. of Truffle paste and 1 and 1/2 cup of wild (local) honey.
Grilled Cheese and Basil Sandwich
with Truffle Honey
- 4 slices of good quality wheat bread
- 2 slices havarti cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 slices plum tomatoes
- Truffle honey, for drizzling (Mine was homemade: mix 1 Tbsp. of Truffle paste with 1 cup Wild Honey)
- Fresh basil, chiffonade
- Layer bread with Havarti cheese, tomato, a pinch of basil chiffonade and parmesan cheese.
- Butter or brush the bread with a little olive oil or nothing at all.
- Grill until golden on Oster’s Double Contact Grill or panini maker.
- Slice diagonally and drizzle each sandwich with truffle honey. Serve.