French Dip Roast Beef Tartlettes
That hunk of beef should be put to good use!
Calm down, I'm talking about that "hunk of beef" that you patiently waited on to roast and baste in the oven for a few hours. Shame, shame if you thought of something else. *wink*
These French Dip Roast Beef "Tartlettes" were made with the leftover Muscovado-Beer Beef Belly. I told you, the beef belly recipe would be a week-long extravaganza and it would keep your husband happy for that long too.
I would love to hear from you if you have any great recipe ideas for leftover roast beef! Enjoy!
French Dip Roast Beef “Tartlettes”
- 500g Roast beef or leftover Muscovado-Beer Beef Belly, thinly sliced
- 200g Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup gravy
- 16 wonton wrappers
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 375.
- Brush 8 cups in a muffin tin with shortening or vegetable oil and set aside.
- In a microwaveable bowl, combine the roast beef, gruyere cheese and gravy. Microwave for 2 minutes on high. Stir to combine until cheese wedges are melted and roast beef mixture is fully coated with cheese and gravy.
- Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the eight sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Spoon about half of the roast beef mixture evenly amongst the wonton wrappers. Sprinkle about half the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top of each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.