Creamy Chicken Rice
This was recipe # 4 and our main course during the Oster Kitchen Conversations with Patty Laurel-Filart and Sinfully Sabrina. My girlfriends loved this dish because because it requires less cleaning time and as soon as you put everything in, you can forget about it and move on to the other dishes.
This is the part where I placed the sauteed veggies and half-cooked chicken thigh fillets in the rice cooker bowl and mixed in the rice together with the stock.
When you've turned on Oster's Multi-Use Rice Cooker, you are free to move around and cook more!
Creamy Chicken Rice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 large carrots, grated on the large grater or cut into matchsticks
- ¾ kilo boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 5 cups hot reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups Jasmine rice (un-rinsed)
- 1 head garlic
- ? cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped, plus more to serve
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more to serve
- Using a large pan, add ¼ cup olive oil and 2 Tbsp unsalted butter. Once butter is melted and hot, stir in diced onion, grated carrots and 1 tsp salt. Sautee until soft and golden (8-10 min).
- Add trimmed, chopped chicken thighs, 2 bay leaves, another 1 tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper. Saute, stirring occasionally until chicken is golden on all sides (5 mins).
- Increase the heat to high and add 1 cup white wine. Boil down the wine, scraping the bottom until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Transfer all the contents of the large pan into the Oster Multi-Use Rice Cooker.
- Add the hot chicken broth, then stir in the rice.
- Without separating the cloves (leaving the root end intact), slice the end off a whole head of garlic to expose the garlic cloves. Set the whole head into the center of your rice, sliced side down. Bring to a rolling boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until rice is fully cooked (15 mins).
- Turn off the heat, remove garlic head (push out the cloves of garlic out into the rice) and quickly stir in remaining 2 Tbsp butter, chopped parsley and ½ cup parmesan cheese. It should be creamy. Serve right away or leave the lid on to keep it warm until serving. Garnish with more fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese to serve.