Christmas season is here! And I'm pretty sure that most Filipinos are craving for Bibingka, Puto Bumbong and other local favorites. The time where most of us get up in the wee hours of the night to hear the midnight mass and line up to buy these delectable delicacies. The cool breeze as the dawn breaks, the sweet smell of local pastries and the rush of the season makes for a beautiful and lasting memory.
Here's one recipe that will tie together the American breakfast favorite and still get us into the Holiday Spirit, "Bibingka Waffles with Salted Caramel and Egg".
Bibingka Waffles with Salted Egg
and Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1/8 cup fresh milk
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- Start with heating the waffle maker
- Mix the rice flour, brown sugar, baking powder, egg, coconut milk, fresh milk and 1 Tbsp. melted in a bowl.
- Brush the waffle maker with melted butter and pour about 1/3 cup of the bibingka mixture onto the waffle maker, making sure to fill in all the holes. Close the waffle maker and cook from about 3 minutes for each waffle.
- Serve warm and top with salted caramel and salted eggs.